If you are just getting started with SquadPod, this quick tour will help you get to know SquadPod a little better!
📣 Squads are your organization. You can create a Squad for your company, non-profit, sports team, etc... they're your gated kingdom which you'll invite your team into and start collaborating in.
- Squads: Your organization.
- As an admin, you can invite people into your Squad.
- As an admin, you can delete people into your Squad.
- As an admin, you can upload a logo for your Squad.
- As an admin, you can change the name of your Squad.
- Squad Privacy:
- At this time, you are only able to be invited to a Squad to join. SquadPod currently works this way to allow Squads to be more secure and private, while also allowing the Squad's Admin to invite only the people they want to be added to a Squad.**
📣 To start a direct chat or group chat, tap/click the chat icon in the top right of your navigation bar and chat panel will appear. Simply select who you'd like to chat with and begin chatting!
- Chat: is a responsive chat room that enables you to direct or group chat with anyone in your Squad.
- Direct chat: A direct chat is 1 to 1.
- Group chat: can be with any number of users, as long as you’ve invited them into your squad.
- Responsive chat: In certain places within the application you may be able to click a chat bubble or chat icon. These icons initiate a responsive chat prompt where SquadPod will automatically suggest you initiate a chat with the on-screen users or the users in the Pod you’re in.
- Mentions: Mentions within a chat allow you mention (@username) by using the @ symbol to force a direct push notification to that user so they know you’ve mentioned them. Example, @SarahParker can you bring the printed files in tomorrow?
- Chat roles and permissions allow for a chat room creator to manage their chat rooms and remove or add members to a chat.
- Web links, GIF and emoji are supported inside of chat conversations.
- Annotation: Standard ability to edit and delete your chat content.
📣 Pods are the Perfectly Organized Discussions that live inside of the Squad. To create a pod tap/click the Pods item on the left navigation menu. Example; members of the Forest Inc Squad, might create a pod for Marketing (Forest Marketing), within the Forest Marketing pod all things marketing related can be discussed, shared and uploaded. This pods access may be for marketing only members, or whoever needs to have access to marketing materials.
- Pod: Perfectly Organized Discussions.
- Pods can be categorized
- Pods can have logos, images names.
- Pods have Discussions, Files, Tasks, Members, Settings.
- Pod settings include Archiving (ability to archive a pod), Default (auto-invites everyone), Required (prevents users from leaving a Pod).
📣 Files are your team's digital locker for sharing and storing everything in Pods. To upload a file open the pod you'd like to place a file in. Once you're in the pod, select the files tab (to the left of tasks). In addition to sharing files, SquadPod provides you with the flexibility to even create your own personal pod, where you can store your own backups or personal work content.
- Upload files: Ability to upload many types of files.
- Bulk Upload: Drag and drop all your files to do a multi-file upload.
- Edit file: Ability to edit filenames after they've been uploaded.
- Filtering: Ability to filter files by name and created date.
- Versioning: Files are version controlled (so it's always easy for your team to find the latest version).
- For more info on file size upload limits click here.
📣 To start a video call with someone simply tap/click the video icon in the top right navigation bar. Select who you'd like to start the video call with. Once the video call is initiated you'll have the ability to manage your video call and screen share.
- Video: SquadPod video has capabilities such as HD streaming, screen sharing, and enabling up to 25 users simultaneously on a single video call.
- High-quality streaming (depending on bandwidth can reach HD).
- Screen sharing, a user on the desktop version of SquadPod may share his or her screen, browser tabs or desktop to the Squad members. Members across the web, iOS, and Android can all view a screen share session, it just has to be initiated from a desktop.
- Mute (Mute video)
- Hide Video Feed (Will create essentially a call only state for the user that hides their video).
- Multi-Feature Access – Multiple SquadPod features can be accessed while a video is ongoing.
- Responsive video chat: In certain places within the application you may be able to click a video bubble or chat icon. These icons initiate a responsive video chat prompt where SquadPod will automatically suggest you initiate a chat with the on-screen users or the users from the Pod you’re in.
📣 Creating a task can be done from within a pod or from the task item in the left navigation menu. To create a task simply add a description, set due date, set a priority level (low, normal, high) and assign the task to one or multiple users.
- Tasks: SquadPod tasks are a location to manage all your tasks and tasks you’ve assigned across all your Pods and Squad.
- Name: Set the name of your task.
- Description: Create a description of your task.
- Due date: set a due date for your task.
- Status: Set a priority status for your task
- Assigned members: Assign the task to members of your pod or squad
- Filtering: After a task has been created or assigned to you, you have the option to filter tasks the way you want.
- To search for other articles and help click here.