Who can create discussions?
Squad Admins, Users and Guests can create discussions. Squad Viewers can be added to a discussion so they can participate in the conversation but cannot create one.
Create a discussion
- Click the Discussions icon in the navigation bar.
- Click the Create button at the top of the page.
- Enter a name - this is a required field and it can be edited at a later time.
- Upload an image to set as the avatar, or stick with the default provided
- Add a description - the description is useful for new members to understand the focus of the conversations.
- Add existing squad members - you can search by name in the 'Add a squad member' box.
- Set the role of each member - the default role is user so members can participate in the conversation.
- Click the Create button when you are done.
The squad members you added to your pod can access it immediately. As an admin, you can add additional squad members and manage each member's role from the room settings. Click here for more details about managing a discussion room.