Background noise from other participants happens! When it does, there's two solutions for you: You can either mute a single participant or you can mute all participants.
Who can mute other participants?
If you started the video call or you were given admin permissions, then you can mute all of the participants on the call from the Settings.
Participants always have the option to un-mute themselves whenever needed. A notice message will appear so participants that were muted by an admin are notified.
Mute all Participants
- While connected to a video call, tap the gear icon.
- Tap the red Mute All button.
- Tap the Mute button in the confirmation popup.
Mute a Participant
An admin can mute individual participants from the user's thumbnail at the bottom of the call. You can tap the screen if the thumbnails are not visible.
- Long press on a user's video thumbnail
- Tap the Mute option in the popup menu